What you need to know when Booking a Lodge
Arrival and Departure Days
Full week bookings start on a Friday or a Monday. Short breaks run from either Monday to Friday (4 nights) or Friday to Monday (3 nights).
- Bedlinen and towels for use in the lodge are included, you’ll need to bring your own towels for the swimming pool and beach
- Ducted air central heating, hot water and electricity are included.
- Access to the on-site swimming pool is included on an ‘exclusive use’ basis – so you have the pool to yourselves. You will be sent details of how to book this with your confirmation. Short breaks can book one slot in advance, full week bookings two slots. Additional slots can be booked during your stay subject to availability.
- Superfast fibre wifi, which is also linked to the Smart TV, is included
- Each lodge has a cot (for which you need to bring your own bedding), a high chair and a stair gate
- When staying with us you also benefit from full on-site management assistance, including a friendly Reception during office hours and emergency out of hours contact numbers
Up to two well behaved dogs over 12 months old are welcome in all lodges. There s no additional charge for dogs, however they must be declared when booking. Dogs need to be kept on a lead whilst on the lodge site.
There is currently no facility for fast charging of electric cars at the lodge site, and it is not permitted to trickle charge electric cars from lodge electric circuits. The nearest fast charge points are in Dumfries and Castle Douglas, both about 20 minutes away. We hope to be able to offer on-site charging in the not too distant future.
When booking through our website you will be asked to provide card details – we accept debit or credit cards, Visa or Mastercard. We will take a non-refundable deposit of £200 per lodge when we confirm your booking. The balance will then be taken from the same card 6 weeks before your arrival date. We would contact you in the event of any problem taking any payment.
- If you cancel the booking more than 6 weeks before your arrival date then you would lose your deposit but no further payment would be due
- If you cancel the booking less than 6 weeks before your arrival date then the full amount would be due – so you would get no refund of either your deposit or balance payments
- In the event of a no-show or early departure there would be no refund
- We strongly recommend that you are covered by suitable cancellation insurance for your holiday
- For bookings made as a result of charity auction bids, no monies would be due to or from any party in the event that you cancel or do not show for such a confirmed booking.
Non-availability of Lodge as Booked
We would only cancel your holiday if the lodge/s was unavailable for reasons beyond our reasonable control. We would attempt to offer you alternative accommodation, however if this was either not possible or not acceptable to you then we would refund to you all monies paid for your holiday (or pro-rata if you had stayed some nights). Our liability to you would not extend beyond this refund.
Damage and Breakages
You are responsible for any breakages or damage you cause to the lodge or its contents – please report these to Reception before you leave. Unreported damages incur an additional administration charge of £25. Note that we do not normally charge for minor breakages (eg crockery or glassware) providing these have been reported. We reserve the right to charge for any exceptional cleaning should the lodge require this on your departure.
We make every effort to ensure that the information, lodge descriptions and photographs contained within our own and other websites are accurate. We do however reserve the right to make small changes or improvements and accept no responsibility for minor inaccuracies.